In today’s episode I speak to Jeff Dill and Gemma Pfister, CEO and Executive at Vynamic, the multinational healthcare industry management consultants with offices in Philadelphia, Boston, Durham, North Carolina and London here in the UK.
I’ve spoken to a number of guests who’ve expanded their businesses across the pond, but these have all been firms that have gone UK to US. As such, it was great to speak with Jeff and Gemma and find out how they’ve successfully managed to make the leap the other way and learn about the Vynamic journey that’s led them from a single state operator to the multinational consultancy they are today.
Jeff started his career, like several of my guests, at Accenture. He was persuaded to leave and join a former colleague in the early days of Vynamic and the rest, as they say, is history. During his time as CEO he’s overseen a number of huge events for the business, including the expansion I’ve just mentioned, turning the business round following the financial crisis and the sale of Vynamic to UDG Healthcare plc in 2017.
Gemma spent the earlier part of her career in the US and Germany, before coming to the UK to join a global healthcare company that was acquired by UDG. When UDG acquired Vynamic, Gemma was offered the chance to be part of founding and leading the UK business and leapt at the opportunity.
With two guests on today’s show, there was a lot to cover and Jeff and Gemma share so many great insights from their journey with Vynamic in today’s interview.
We cover a whole range of topics including:
- The Vynamic story and what led Jeff and the team to expand beyond one office in the first place.
- What it’s like to take a business into an international market, and how to manage the many challenges that come with it.
- And the importance of culture when growing a consulting business and how Vynamic achieve ‘shared values with a local vibe’ across their various offices.
This was a great conversation, with two guests who have so much to offer in the stories they tell and advice they give.
If you’re looking to take your consultancy in to a new market, or maybe you have and you’re trying to get to grips with how you can bring those different offices together, I know you’ll get a ton from this conversation.
You can get in touch with Jeff at – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-dill-2601803/
And Gemma at – https://www.linkedin.com/in/gemma-pfister-a9482b15/
Find out more about Vynamic at – https://vynamic.com/
Specific things we discussed in the show:
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty – https://amzn.to/3luLBdX
- The Irresistible Consultant’s Guide to Winning Clients: 6 Steps to Unlimited Clients & Financial Freedom – https://amzn.to/2JQil37
- Work Life Podcast – https://work.life/podcast/