Online video content has become more popular than ever, with LinkedIn video posts alone getting 1,200% more engagement than text or image posts combined.
In a world where we now have the facility to capture amazing high-quality images and video at our fingertips, it’s no wonder people and businesses are taking advantage of this.
As a business, video content gives you the opportunity to tell your story and grab your audience’s attention. A video can change your post from static to dynamic in an instant, helping you to stand out from the crowd in a busy newsfeed.
LinkedIn is a great place to start for sharing video content. Using LinkedIn successfully can boost both your personal and professional brand and in the consulting industry the age-old phrase of ‘people buy people’ certainly rings true. Videos can bring a more personal feel to your content, allowing you to speak directly to your clients.
An even more compelling reason to consider using videos are the benefits they deliver to the consumer; they’re easy to digest, entertaining and engaging.
Tips for producing good videos
For many the idea of creating video content, whether that’s for LinkedIn or other social media platforms, can be daunting. We understand – it takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there and try to create a professional-looking video.
But you needn’t worry about where to start, the premise for your video is the same as for written content. Here are some of our top tips for how to structure your video content:
- Stick to a single topic or idea – and get to the point quickly, ideally within 6 seconds.
- Keep it short and stay on topic – you should aim to keep your video under 3 minutes long (the maximum a LinkedIn video can be is 10 minutes).
- Speak directly to your target audience – in the same way that you should write content aimed at your target audience, video content is identical but you’re talking to them instead.
- Make it relatable – your content should aim to solve your client’s problem. That means giving them a small piece of advice or a takeaway that they can put into action.
- Include a call to action – let them know how they can get in touch with you or what else you can help them with. Give them a reason to do something after watching your video.
When it comes to recording your video, you don’t need a Hollywood camera crew. Keep it simple – your smartphone will give you good quality results that you can easily edit and upload directly to LinkedIn. Just make sure you have a plain or tidy background, and make sure you have enough natural lighting so that your video’s resolution is good.
A lot of video content is consumed silently nowadays so one thing you need to add to your video is subtitles. If you are using LinkedIn, you can add the subtitles from within the platform itself or simply use a video editing app beforehand.
We’d recommend posting directly to your chosen social media channel as this will guarantee autoplay of your video.
As you can tell, we’re big advocates of video content. We really enjoy helping others incorporate it into their Digital Marketing strategy and seeing its power to accelerate their brand position and generate ROI.
So, what are you waiting for? Set up that iPhone and start recording today!
If you want to develop a Digital Marketing strategy that drives results for your Consulting firm, feel free to get in touch – we’d love to talk to you!
- Video content has the power to boost your personal and professional brand presence and generate more engagement with your posts.
- Structuring your video content isn’t too different from writing a blog. Make sure you’re solving your clients’ pain points and giving them actionable advice.
- Keep your recording simple – just use your iPhone or smartphone but remember to add subtitles.